The Subways Recording New Album With Stephen Street
aaamusic | On 22, Dec 2010
RECORDING NEW ALBUM WITH STEPHEN STREET
BAND TEAMS UP WITH PLEDGE MUSIC FOR NEW ALBUM CAMPAIGN
The Subways are back, and todayAdd an event for today announce that they are in the studio recording a brand new album with legendary producer Stephen Street (Blur, The Smiths, Kaiser Chiefs). The band have partnered with direct-to-fan platform PledgeMusic, and are offering fans the chance to be part of the release of the new album (scheduled for release in Spring 2011), alongside a range of amazing offers including signed instruments, a ltd edition photo album, and the chance to sing backing vocals on the album!
Originally formed in 2003, Hertfordshire based 3-piece The Subways have released two well-received albums to date; ‘Young for Eternity’ (2005) & ‘All or Nothing’ (2008), and have built up a loyal fan base and cult following as a result of extensive touring around the world.
The album will be available to all pledgers, alongside some exclusive offers including:
- Signed copies of the new album on CD, exclusive t-shirts and other merchandise
- A limited, personalized 80-page colour photo book documenting the band’s early history
- The chance to attend band rehearsals , sound checks and meet the band
- The opportunity to spend the day at a forthcoming Subways video shoot
- Signed guitar, signed bass guitar & signed drum kit – all personalized by the band
- Book The Subways for a private house concert
- A VIP pass to every Subways gig worldwide for the next 2 years.
In addition ‘pledgers’ participating in this offer will receive exclusive access to a ‘pledgers only’ updates page at www.pledgemusic.com, where The Subways will be posting regular updates & messages.
The Subways are promising to leak demos, post videos, put up photos and offer extensive access to the making of the new album including behind the scenes access and involvement in the making of videos, creating the artwork for the album and all the other highs and lows of putting together a new UK rock /pop album.
The band will also be donating a percentage of profits from this campaign to two charities – Clic Sargent and The National Autistic Society.