Cloud 9 Festival ft Ed Sheeran / Futureheads / Scratch Perverts
aaamusic | On 21, Jun 2011
Summer is just around the corner, with preparations already underway in fields across the nation. And far from the glare of endurance testing four-day mud-binges, a rural locale set in breathtaking countryside readies itself to host one non-stop party truly aimed at all ages.
Cloud 9 Festival will again take over Love Lane Farm in Cheshire on Saturday August 6th with overnight camping tantalising tastebuds with a 15-hour sonic spread offering anything and everything. So that’s 5,000 music lovers listening to raucous indie, hard dance, folk, and all that lies between.
Album chart-topper Ed Sheeran, energetic rockers The Futureheads, and latter-day electronic-guitar heroes The Sunshine Underground will headline this year’s event. Elsewhere XFM and Inspiral Carpets man Clint Boon, Italian dream-poppers Too Young To Love, and Huw Stephens’ favourites Rotating Leslie will be playing too. An impressive lineup, bolstered further by DMC champions Scratch Perverts, cut and past kings Cassette Jam, broken beat heroes Medicine 8, and Manchesters newest export Murkage
We’re also delighted to announce 2011’s partners, C.A.L.M.- The Campaign Against Living Miserably- and Headculture, a Manchester charity focused on suicide and depression in young men. In addition to raising awareness for their worthwhile causes, each organisation will be bringing its own touch to proceedings. Which means away from the main stages there will be live graffiti, shisha areas, chill out tents, chai tea stalls, global cuisine and electro-swing performances being served.
- In its Third Year Cloud 9 is doubling it’s capacity to become a nationally recognised community Festival.
- Built on the principles over quality of quantity and personal experience over profit the Festival has the support of the local community and surrounding villages.
- 2010 sees the Festival growing to 5,000 capacity set in the stunning Cheshire Countryside with improved facilities .
- The last two years has seen the festival open to 16 + attracting crowds of nearly 2,000
- This year see’s the Festival opening up to the whole community with a more family friendly event
- With discounted teen tickets and under 12’s free the festival will attract the entire local community as well as further afield.
- Specific family friendly areas will ensure the festival caters to a large age range.
- Outdoor Main Stage
- Live Music Tent
- Themed Tent
- Dome Dance Music Tent
- Second Dance Marquee
- Family Tent and Area
- Two Bars
- One VIP Bar Area
- Two Catering Areas
- Several craft stalls
- Camping Areas (public and family)
Main Stage: The Futureheads / Ed Sheeran / Too Yong To Love / The Sunshine Underground / Clint Boon / Black Daniel / Rotating Leslie / The Minx / The Paris Riots
The C.A.L.M. Stage: Funkademia / Gareth Brooks / Bez / Glass Ankle / Dead Sea Souls / The Harks
The Dome: Scratch Perverts / Cassette Jam / Medicine 8 / Murkage / Silent Disco / Citizen
Euphonic Fuzion Tent: Jordan Suckley / Mark EG / Amber D / Jimmy Dean / Dave Curtis / Ash Preston / Dawson / Digital Mafia / Jack Wood / Gimp / Disco Pete / Olly Lennox
Theme Party Tent: Will TRAMP!/ Juicy DJs / Andy Hunt / Sprinter / Arlo & Jack / Broken Beats / Mark Abbott / Jack Bee / Sheena Bratt / Wet Play
Headculture: Luke Gray / Thallie / The Robin Pierce Band / Djembe Drummers / MC’s Hip Hop / Electro Swing / Shisha Area / Live Graffitti / Chai Tea Stand / Henna and Head Massages.
Teen Ticket 11-15yrs £18.50+ £2.10 booking fee
Adult Ticket 16+ £27.50 + £3.00 booking fee
Child 10 years and Under FREE+ £1.00 booking fee
Camping Tickets £5.00 + £1.00 fee
Parking Tickets £5.00 +£1.00 fee
NB- A separate campsite is available for families.
Love Lane Farm is….
1 hour from… Manchester, Liverpool, Chester, and Birmingham.
90 minutes from… London, Sheffield, Leeds, and Nottingham.