Various Artists – London
aaamusic | On 05, Dec 2011
Christmas is approaching fast, and so the need of a good, quirky gift for our beloved ones tires us all with the search of the ultimate “little something”.
“London” is an interesting compilation on London, which boosts the help of Time Out Magazine. Needless to say, tracks in here are somehow connected to this modern Babel which is London; putting together music royalties such as Roxy Music, The Kinks, David Bowie and The Jam, with the likes of Pet Shop Boys, Caetano Veloso, Duffy, Jamie Cullum, although lacking of what perhaps is the most iconic track of all – London Calling. A sure mix for a flop? Not quite.
The album unveils the true spirit of the capital, with its million faces and scenes, muse which inspired lots of different artists; who are all linked together by the link of love for the city.
Whether you just entered London’s womb or you’ve been here for as long as time goes, you will enjoy this album: the ideal soundtrack to London’s memory lane.
- Roxy Music – Do The Strand
- Jamie Cullum – London Skies
- The Kinks – Waterloo Sunset
- Squeeze – Piccadilly
- Kirsty MacColl – Soho Square
- Pet Shop Boys – London
- Gerry Rafferty – Baker Street
- Simple Minds – Chelsea Girl
- Eddy Grant – Electric Avenue
- Pulp – Bar Italia
- Duffy – Warwick Avenue
- The Jam – Strange Town
- Ralph McTell – Streets of London
- Small Faces – Itchycoo Park
- Bert Jansch, John Renbourn – Soho
- David Bowie – The London Boys
- Caetano Veloso – London London
- The Pogues – A Rainy Night In Soho
- John Martyn, Beverley Martyn – Primrose Hill
- Saint Etienne – London Belongs To Me