How To Add Music While Video Editing?
aaamusic | On 25, Jul 2020
Whether you are a professional content creator or a casual online surfer, you already know that YouTube rules the online video streaming market. YouTube lets you upload and share videos on different platforms. However, it doesn’t provide you with a lot of options to edit those videos.
Adding music to your videos before uploading them on YouTube comes with several benefits. One of the main benefits is it increases the entertainment value. Playing music in the background while shooting the video isn’t very appealing. The sound usually echoes and can be pretty distracting for the viewers.
That’s why professional video creators prefer shooting the video first and then adding the music to its background during the editing process.
You can remove the background noises and add the music of your choice while editing the video to make it more engaging. Apart from music, you can also add text to video of your choice.
Another interesting thing that you can do is upload your video on Youtube and then select the music of your choice. Yes, YouTube has its own audio library with thousands of tracks for you to select from and add to your videos.
YouTube has a module called YouTube Video Editor. It will allow you to add music to your videos once you have uploaded them on the platform. If you cannot find the audio you are looking for in YouTube’s module, you can also download the songs and audio effects separately and add them to the YouTube module’s library.
An important thing to keep in mind while adding the audio is copyright issues. YouTube will not let you add copyright-protected music tracks in your video. If you try to use copyright-protected music, YouTube will block your videos.
This article will take you through the steps on how to upload a video on YouTube and then add music to it.
- Open YouTube’s homepage on your web browser and login using your account. If you don’t have an account, create one using the “Sign in” option.
- Click on the “video-camera shaped” icon on the top right corner of the page. You will find the icon right next to the search bar on top. A drop-down menu will occur with two options – “Upload Video” and “Go Live”. Upload your video on YouTube using the first option.
- You will see “Select Files To Upload” in the middle of the page. It will take you to your file explorer, and you can choose the file you want to upload. Select the file and click on “Open” to add it to Youtube.
- Once added, you can write a title and description for your video as required. Click on the “Publish” button on the top-right corner of the page. Do this once your video finishes processing. You will see the light blue colour bar on the left of the Publish button. It will show you when your video processing has been completed.
- After your video has been uploaded on YouTube, you can go on and add music to it. Click on the button YouTube Studio (Beta). You will find it on the lower-right side of the page.
- You will see several options on the left side of the page. Click on the “Videos” button. It will present you with the list of all the videos you have uploaded on YouTube.
- YouTube’s Studio Beta doesn’t let you add audio to your videos. To do this, you’ll need to open Creator Studio Classic. You will find it on the lower-left side of your page. Wait for it to load. Once that is completed, you can select the video you want to add music to.
- On the right side of your video’s thumbnail, you’ll see two buttons. Click on the drop-down button. Select the option “Audio”. This will take you to the list of audios available with YouTube that you can use for your video.
- Select the audio track you want to add to your video. In case you want to sample a track, you can click on the “Play” icon on the left side of the track. Choose an audio track that suits best with your video.
- If you are looking for a specific track, you can search for it in the “Search All Tracks” bar on the right side of the page. Once you have selected the audio track, you can click on the “Add To Video” button on the right side of the track. This step will apply the audio track to your video.
- Next, you will need to adjust the audio saturation. You will see a slider with the name “Audio Saturation”. It will have two options – Favour original audio and Favour music.
- Favor original audio – This will maximize the volume of the original audio in your video. The audio track you have selected will be minimised in the background.
- Favor music – This will maximize the volume of the audio track you have chosen. The original audio of the video will be in the background. Its volume will depend on the settings you choose.
- You can slide between these two options to adjust the volume of the original track of the video and audio track you have just added.
- Click on “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page. It will be a blue color button. When prompted, click on “Save”. This will save the changes you have made to your video and exit the audio menu.
And that’s it! Your video on YouTube now has music.
For all the beginners out there who have just started creating visual content – videos – you can use a video maker to make it more engaging. It is a tool that will help you create professional videos.
You can combine different photos to make a video or use smaller clips to form one large clip. Or you can create a video by combining both the photos and clips. The tool will let you add music to your videos as well. It comes with an inbuilt audio library that has several audio tracks and sound effects that you can choose from.