The Importance of Making Hats as Merchandise
aaamusic | On 18, Jun 2019
In theory, you can turn anything into a merchandising item. You can make your own hat, shirts, coffee mugs and everything in between into merchandise.
As a newbie in the marketing world, you could have two particular questions; why and how. Why as in why should you invest the money and even if you decided to do so, how would you go about doing it?
This article intends to provide some closure on the topic, along with tips to smoothen your journey.
- Brand Awareness- Studies show that consumers keep promotional products for about 6 months. In all that time, they are exposed to your brand and are more likely to promote your products to others.
- Concentrated approach- People buy merchandise because they genuinely like the respective company/organisation. So, they are more likely to buy your products/services in the distant future, even when others don’t.
- Open advertising- Merchandises transform your customers/followers into walking billboards. Every time they flash your merchandise to others, they’re passively creating a positive vibe for your brand. This strategy is a great way to build a loyal fan-base for your company/band.
- They are sticky and desirable- Have you heard anyone ever passing up on free merchandise? And if you choose to sell your merchandises, provided you have a loyal fan base, people will crave them. There is a sense of exclusivity that accompanies these objects. The merchandise will enable your fans for days to come.
- Choosing a niche- A niche determines the viability of your business. If you want to sell merchandise you must put in the research. What is it that you sell, what items are more likely to attract the attention of your customers. You should only invest in POD services once you have an idea of what you’re trying to achieve.
- Ready your designs- Hire artists to create eye-grabbing designs. Unique design will ensure better sales and a happier and more satisfied fan base. A great way to choose designs is to look for trending events. Combining your design with contemporary affairs will give you an advantage over the competition.
- Choosing a provider- A POD provider is responsible for bringing your designs to life. They create the merchandise and print your designs onto them. They also handle shipping services.
If executed correctly, POD business can skyrocket the popularity of your band quite efficiently.