Eventbrite Presents: Generation DIY
aaamusic | On 19, Jun 2018
Meet the new wave of young promoters under the age of 25, pushing events culture forward around the UK
Featured in a five-part series of short films, shot in
London, Bristol, Glasgow, Manchester and Birmingham
Introducing Generation DIY: the new wave of independent promoters under the age of 25 who are ushering in a new era for nightlife. In a new, five-part series of short films, ticketing and event technology platform Eventbrite, which supported hundreds of thousands of event creators in 2017, travelled up and down the UK in search of the disruptors, pioneers and creators putting on extraordinary events in London, Bristol, Birmingham, Glasgow and Manchester.
Events culture is changing. Today’s generation of promoters operate amongst fewer spaces within a tougher legislative climate. They’re multi-disciplinary creatives. They’re carving out safer, more inclusive spaces for their peers. The activists are putting the politics back into partying, using events to bring about social change. And they’re doing it all whilst marching to the beat of their own drum.
Generation DIY is a celebration of the intrepid, young event creators that are tearing up the rulebook. It’s a celebration of the pervasive industrious spirit that Eventbrite helps enable amongst today’s independent promoters. Featured within the five films are:
- Comedians, artists, theatre directors, spoken word artists, DJ collectives, foodies, philanthropists, club night promoters, record label owners and art curators
- The female collectives making dancefloors a safer, more inclusive space
- The rise of conscious clubbing: the activists using events to power social revolution
- The promoters putting Glasgow’s nascent grime scene on the map
- The frontrunners of the UK’s underground LGBT party scene
- The artivists making art & theatre accessible to marginalised and underrepresented communities